CALL FOR PAPERS
Workshop on Social Software Systems and Networks
CCNC 2009- Satellite Workshop
January 13 2009, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
Click here for all the details on this workshop.
Web-based social networking is immensely popular on the Internet. Although web-based social networks gained much of their traction in the entertainment area, they are viewed as promising tools to bring together large number of people in a collaborative setting. In particular, the person-to-person linkages that are the basis for social networks are well suited for activities such as knowledge management, resource or talent discovery, and information dissemination.
The main purpose of this workshop is bring together researchers from both academia and industry in this emerging topic to exchange ideas and learn from each other. We intend to have different types of sessions including refereed papers, invited talks, and panels to stimulate the discussions. The workshop is interested in a variety of topics within the context of social software systems and networks including, but not limited to:
- Mobile social networks
- Peer-to-peer social networks
- Social messaging
- Trust models for social networks
- Sensor networks and social sensing
- Social search
- Social networking inspired collaborative computing
- Information propagation on social networks
- New architectures for web-based social networks
- Resource and knowledge discovery using social networks
- Measurement studies of actual social networks
- Simulation models for social networks
Guidelines for Submission
- Submitted papers must represent original material that is not currently under review in any other conference or journal, and has not been previously published.
- Paper length should not exceed five-page technical paper manuscript.
- The paper should be used as the basis for a 20 - 30 minute workshop presentation.
- Papers should be submitted in a .pdf or .ps format by selecting CCNC'09 on the EDAS paper submission website and then selecting the workshop submission link.
- A separate cover sheet should show the title of the paper, the authors' names and affiliations, and the address (including e-mail, telephone, and fax) to which correspondence should be sent.
- All accepted papers will be published in the conference proceedings
- At least one author of accepted papers is required to register at the full registration rate.
3480 University Street
McConnell Eng. Bldg, Room 754
Montreal, QC H2A 2A7
111 Duke Street
Montreal, QC H3C 2M1
Farag Azzedin, King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals, Saudi Arabia
Andrew Campbell, Dartmouth College, USA
James Caverlee, Texas A&M University, USA
Mohamed Eltoweissy, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, USA
Pranam Kolari, Yahoo! Applied Research, USA
Matthieu Latapy, CNRS/University of Paris, France
Bénédicte Le Grand, Université Pierre et Marie Curie, France
Daniel Memmi, University of Quebec at Montreal, Canada
Gilad Mishne, Yahoo! Applied Research, USA
Arindam Mitra, Certica Solutions, USA
Drummond Reed, Cordance Corporation, USA
Julita Vassileva, University of Saskatchewan, Canada